I photograph forgotten worlds. Whether the English seaside, the analogue streets of Silicon Valley, the Christian Orthodox world of Russia and the Balkans or the back streets of Lisbon I seek out the other side of places.
Using the forgotten almost ignored 35mm camera I seek out and use the sparks from these worlds to create magical, soulful and romantic photographs. I work increasingly with colour but maintain a strong interest in black & white photography: from the grace and speed of waltzing debutants at a Viennese ball to the Alice-in-Wonderland fantasy world at the end of a snowbound Brighton pier and the stark, sleek silhouette of a Lada in the Moscow night.
After graduating in History from the London School of Economics, Kit spent a dozen years as an advertising strategist. Then when the Irish ambassador to Budapest saw his photographs of rural Transylvania and commissioned an exhibition he began a decade of photography. He now balances being a photographer and once more an adman with his life in North London with his beloved wife, 3 children and cat.
Solo Shows and Commissions
- Bascom Avenue: The Analogue Streets of Silicon Valley exhibited at JBs Diner, Brighton Photo Fringe, October 2010.
- Dreamland-by-the-Sea exhibited at Xuma Gallery, Brighton, December 2009 to January 2010
- Eastern Soul: A Photographic Odyssey Through Russia & The Balkans exhibited at Pushkin House, London, May to June 2008
- Between Myth & Transformation: Images of Transylvania and Southwest Ireland (commissioned by Irish Government) exhibited at Palace of Culture, Targu Mures, Romania, Sept to Oct, 2004
- BOM Gallery, Seoul, Korea: April 2011
- AM Gallery, Brighton: January 2011
- Palace Art Fair, London: October 2010
- Ensemble, Chateau de Bosmelet, Normandy: August 2010
- Brighton Open House: May 2010
- Brighton Art Fair: October 2009
- Brighton Open House: May 2009
- Bellis Gallery, Brighton: February to April 2009
- Art at The Claremont, Hove: December 2008
- Brighton Open House (Fiveways Artists Group member): May 2008
- Borough Market Art Fair, London: December, 2006
- Bascom Avenue: Culture 24's Five to see at Brighton Photo Fringe
- Re: Photo reviews, Bascom Avenue October 2010
- Arty Magazine: The Big Picture, Summer Edition 2010
- Arty Magazine: Top 100 Creative People, December 2009
- BBC radio: interview May 2008
- BBC Russian Service: photo essay of Eastern Soul May 2008
- Russian Hour TV interview: broadcast UK & Russia November 2008
- FOMA magazine: Photo essay October 2008
- Balkan Insight: exhibition review May 2008
- The Independent, The Brighton Argus, The Camden Evening News